Portfolio Video Slideshow - Play in 720p when viewing in full screen. **UPDATED JANUARY 2013

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, August 7, 2010

PHOTOGRAPHY FOR FUN: Scott Kelby World Wide Photo Walk - July 24, 2010

Finally, some pictures from the WWPW.

It was kind of a 'blah' day. Rain, rain, rain and I was feeling a tiny bit under the weather myself. But it's always great to get together with friends to take some pictures! :)

As mentioned in a previous post, Bryan Weiss, of Daytripper Photo led the Newmarket walk.

Our Fearless Leader


We thought we would wait out the rain a bit under one of the picnic shelters. I'm sure the family who was BBQing and having a picnic there was a bit surprised when our group with all of our cameras showed up. ;)

Waiting out the rain


We finally decided to head out. I think we would have been better off if we all had feet like these....

Perfect for walking in the rain


I took a few shots of flowers, trees and the lake. Here are a couple:



Then this little family decided to see what we were all up to. Aren't they just so cute!?


I had hoped for a better shot of this bridge, but it didn't turn out quite how I would have liked.

Wet Bridge


It was nice to see some colour on a somewhat drab day.


For some reason, I think I would like to visit this place.......

A few of my favourite things


We headed up Main Street for a little bit.

A Red Door


Lots of windows and doors along Main Street.


Then my friends and I snuck out for a few minutes to try some Geo-caching. And we were even successful!

Great Friends


And the skies did start to clear up......of course once we were all done and heading home.


This was my first time participating in the Scott Kelby World Wide Photo Walk, and I'd do it again for sure. Always fun to get out and picture the world with friends and meet new people.

Thanks to Bryan for leading our group. :)

-- Lisa P.

No comments: