Portfolio Video Slideshow - Play in 720p when viewing in full screen. **UPDATED JANUARY 2013

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, December 6, 2009

PHOTO OF THE WEEK #22 - 50mm 1:1.4

I took a brief break last week and played around a bit with my 50mm 1:1.4 lens that I bought several months ago. I didn't leave my office and I was just using my SB800 on the camera so I could get some light (my office is rather dark - which I prefer for photo editing).

I wanted to play around a bit with the depth of field, so I got the strap that's on my other camera and decided to find out at what f-stop I would need to use in order to get most of the text on the camera strap to be in focus. It's amazing how shallow the DOF is when you're at 1.4!!

So here's where I ended up at:

My shutter speed was at 1/250 sec (for all the shots I took I kept this the same)
f-stop was at f3.20
ISO = 200 (for all the shots I took I kept this the same)




I was actually shooting with my D700, so that's my D80 in the background.

f2.5 actually wasn't that bad. Only one or so of the letters was out of focus. At f2.2, about 3 of the letters were out of focus.

Anyhow.....a boring shot for most of you, but a bit of fun playing around for me. ;)

Thanks for looking!!

-- Lisa P.

No comments: