Portfolio Video Slideshow - Play in 720p when viewing in full screen. **UPDATED JANUARY 2013

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, January 23, 2012

PERSONAL: Tottenham Santa Claus Parade 2011

I meant to do a blog post about the Tottenham Santa Claus Parade back at the end of December, but obviously that didn't happen!

Growing up in a place smaller than Tottenham, the local parade was always something to look forward too. We didn't have a Santa Claus parade (too cold I think!), but there was a Labour Day parade, and I can remember being in it doing Japanese dancing when I was a kid.

So here it is, better late than never. :) I always take so many pictures, so it's always tough to narrow it down. Here are a few of the highlights.

One of our friends was selling popcorn outside the shop his mom works in. Proceeds were for the local Food Bank. :)


Ben is impatiently waiting for the parade to get down to where we were standing to watch...trying to avoid my camera.


And here it comes!!


He loves waving to everyone. :)


You can't have a parade without the bagpipes!


I took this one for my mom. She likes McD's. ;)


Ben even got to shake some hands!


Love the bands. :)


And there she is......Jordan Clark!



One of Santa's Reindeer??


They were moving fast, so it's a bit blurry, but here are the kids of GSI Taxi. :)


The Gus Bus!!


Hey! I know those guys!


It must have been difficult to play in the cold.


And here is the guest of honour.


I snuck a shot in between floats of Ben waving to Santa.


And if I remember correctly, I think the folks beside me were drinking some hot coffee. :)


Ben said that we should be in the parade next time with Picture Your Life Photography. I told him we'll see about that. haha :)

Thanks to everyone who was in the parade and who was involved in organizing it. Such a great tradition. :)

Thanks for looking!

-- Lisa P.

No comments: