Portfolio Video Slideshow - Play in 720p when viewing in full screen. **UPDATED JANUARY 2013

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

MY COMMUNITY: Joy of Life Fashion Show in Support of the Stevenson Memorial Hospital Digital Mammography Campaign

Wow, that title is sure a mouthful to say! :)

On Sunday I had the pleasure of attending and taking photographs at the Joy of Life Fashion Show in Alliston, ON. You may have seen the flyer in my latest newsletter.

Joyce Walker and her right hand woman, Maureen Uprichard organized a fantastic event and for such a great cause: Supporting the "It's Crystal Clear Digital Mammography Campaign" for the Stevenson Memorial Hospital Foundation.

The Dynamic Duo :)


There were several vendors so attendees could do some shopping. I'm not sure if I got a photograph of every table, but most I think.

Vendors (click to view a bit larger)


There was a silent auction, door prizes, raffles, bags of goodies and of course, Joyce's homemade 'boobie cookies'. I brought my cookies home and Ben (my 7 yr old) thought they were tastey! :)




The tables look great with the bright pink and green colours. So vibrant and alive!

Tables


And the kitchen was busy preparing for the lunch. The vegetarian lasagna I had was very yummy. I love lasagna!

Busy in the Kitchen


One of the authors of the book 'Chicken Soup For The Canadian Soul', Janet Matthews, was there as the guest speaker. She was also selling and signing books with part of the proceeds being donated to the cause. I don't think there was a dry eye in the place during her talk.

Joyce, Janet with Hospital Representatives


I'm not sure what the final ticket sales count was, but the place looked pretty full.

Ladies (and a few men) Enjoying Lunch


There was even a live auction with Deputy Mayor Rick Milne as Auctioneer and Lisa Morgan showing off the auction item. The item being auctioned? A custom bra cake! :) The cake was made by The Cocoa Cakery.

Custom Bra Cake



And then the Fashion Show, with fashions from 'Jockey Person To Person' and Nygard got underway. Below are a few of the photos from the show.




Thanks to everyone who supported this event by purchasing tickets, volunteering, sponsoring, etc.

And thanks for looking! :)

-- Lisa P.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Hi! Great pictures!!!
Thanks for taking such fabulous pictures.. just wondering if you can tag "the cocoa cakery" for where the cake came from??? i made the cake for joyce - and was happy to be a part of such an awesome event!!

thanks!
christina
www.thecocoacakery.com

Lisa Piellusch said...

Hi Christina.

I thought I had already posted a reply, but I must have been dreaming!

I updated the post to include your web site address and company name. Thanks! :)