Portfolio Video Slideshow - Play in 720p when viewing in full screen. **UPDATED JANUARY 2013

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Monday, July 20, 2009

WEEKLY POLL #11: Flash??

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to those who voted on weekly poll #10 about B&W vs. colour. :) Looks like colour is the preference.

This week the poll topic is Flash.

It wasn't until a couple of years ago that I started to realize how powerful flash can be in photography. I knew about using the pop-up flash on my cameras and I knew some of the basic aspects of lighting. What I didn't know a lot about was using efficiently outdoors.

Some people love using flash, some people hate it. I think I'm somewhere in the middle.

These are what I use with my camera: SB600 and SB800

There has been so much over the past couple of years that I've learned about lighting, whether it be through photography colleagues online or in various courses, seminars, etc. I think I sense a blog post topic coming up! ;)

So what I would like to know this week is how you use flash/light in your photography. I know some of you are professional photographers and some aren't, so I'm interested in how the results will turn out :)

As always, don't be shy to add a comment to this post with more details about your equipment or with questions.

Now....vote, vote, vote!!!! :))

-- Lisa P.

====================================================
RESULTS:

I only use the flash on my camera when it tells me to 3 (50%)
I use a flash on the camera like the SB800 that was mentioned 0 (0%)
I use off camera flash 0 (0%)
I use on camera and off camera flash 2 (33%)
I hate flash and don't use it. Natural light all the way! 0 (0%)
Flash? My camera has a flash?? 1 (16%)

No comments: