Portfolio Video Slideshow - Play in 720p when viewing in full screen. **UPDATED JANUARY 2013

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

WEEKLY POLL #19 - Do you let your children use your camera?

I love that my 5 3/4 yr old loves taking photos. :)

At an early age I got him his own Fisher Price Digital Camera. He liked it just fine, but he's always wanted to use "Mommy's Camera".

I've let him use my old Olympus Point & Shoot starting from when he was just over 5 yrs old. This summer, after I got my new Nikon D700 DSLR, I let him use my Nikon D80 and we went on a scavenger hunt while on a camping trip. Instead of collecting the various items on the list, we took photos of the items on the list.

Most recently, this past weekend, he used my D700 when we were at our Uncle's Memorial Service. I didn't have my 'big' flash unit on (as I was trying to be less conspicuous), so it wasn't toooooo heavy for him. He did take some nice pictures. You can usually tell which are the ones he took......anything that looks like it was taken from about 3 ft high...LOL! But they weren't all bad and he actually got a few nice ones. It's a bit surprising, considering I had the camera on manual mode and he had to just take the pictures without making any adjustments. And.....the camera was pretty heavy for the little guy. But that didn't stop him! :) Did I mention there were tons of chairs all over the place?!

Here's a sample of his work:

Family Times



Not bad, all things considered. :) The bonus was how much fun he had taking the pictures he took.

I could post more, but I'll leave it at just this one.

Thanks for looking and don't forget to go over to the vote on the right hand side and vote!! :)

=============================================
POLL RESULTS:

Yes, but not the SLR. Only the Point & Shoot 1 (14%)
Yes, they can use it, but only if supervised 2 (28%)
Yes, they can use it whenever they want 3 (42%)
Yes, but not if under the age of 6 0 (0%)
No, they have to use their own 1 (14%)
I don't have any kids 0 (0%)
=============================================


-- Lisa P.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My boyfriend has talent! Good shot Ben!

Deb