Portfolio Video Slideshow - Play in 720p when viewing in full screen. **UPDATED JANUARY 2013

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, November 18, 2010

MY COMMUNITY: Mrs. Claus Fundraiser for "My Sister's Place"

Saturday seems like it was just yesterday, yet it's already Thursday!

The Women's Christmas Showcase of South Simcoe was this past Saturday at the Tottenham Community Centre in Tottenham, ON. You may have read here on the blog or in the Newsletter that I was going to be doing photos with Mrs. Claus for donations to "My Sister's Place". "My Sister's Place" is an emergency shelter for abused women and their children and is located in Alliston, ON.

First, I just want to give a VERY big thank you to Shelley Barlow for volunteering to be Mrs. Claus. She did a super fantastic job and she looked AWESOME!! :)

Thank you Shelley!

I also want to thank Leigh Ross for helping me get everyone's information that day so that the photos could be e-mailed out. I couldn't have done it without you! :) (I forgot to take a photo of you with Mrs. Claus!!) :(

And, thanks to Ben. He was our salesman who went to find people with kids as they came into the show to make sure they knew about our 'get your photo taken with Mrs. Claus for a donation' event. He definitely earned his silly bands and he was relatively patient.....most of the time. ;)

Our Salesman

And finally, I want to thank everyone who participated. Together we raised $171 for My Sister's Place!! :)) I'd say we did pretty well, don't you think?

Here are just a few of the pictures:

Event Organizers - You did a fantastic job :)




Even the big kids stopped by :)

What a fun time!

Thanks again everyone. It was such a fun time. I can't wait until next year! :)

Thanks for looking :)

-- Lisa P.

No comments: