Portfolio Video Slideshow - Play in 720p when viewing in full screen. **UPDATED JANUARY 2013

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thursday, November 25, 2010

PERSONAL: A New Addition To The Family

Those who know me well, know that I grew up on a farm in BC. There were a lot of animals on the farm (cats, dogs, horses, cattle, chickens...), however not many actually spent a lot of time INSIDE the house.

Fast forward to University where I came to Toronto and lived with my Aunt and Uncle in an apartment with 2 cats. Great cats, but they were ALWAYS around! haha I mean really....where else could they go on the 21st floor.... ;)

I convinced my Aunt to let me get a hamster. After all, I was used to having pets of my own. Never had a hamster before, but it seemed like a reasonable addition to the household. It didn't take up that much space. I'm sure the cats wouldn't mind the company.... :)

So finally, after many hamsters, 2 guinea pigs and 2 cats (well, we still have one cat), we've finally gotten a dog. Ben's been wanting one for such a long time, but until recently, when I quit my full time job, it wasn't really an option because no human was in our house pretty much for 10-11 hours a day. Not much fun for a dog, for sure.

Meet Maggie


She Likes Balls


She Also Likes Ears


And Eyes


She also likes the cat....however the feeling is NOT mutal at this time....


She definitely LOVES to run


And she seems to like her boy....


But not so much listening to him read stories...


So we welcome Maggie into our home and know that our lives will never be the same. :)

We adopted Maggie from Aussie Rescue and Placement Helpline Inc. (the Ontario Branch). Thanks Jane for introducing us to Maggie and thank you Andrea, who was Maggie's Foster Mommy, for taking such good care of her until we found each other. :)

For those of you who want a bit more of a peak into Maggie's life so far with us, watch the little video clip below. You'll recognize some of the pictures in it, but it's still cute. :) Don't forget to turn up your sound.



Thanks for looking! :)

PS: If you like Aussie dogs, I still have photos for sale with part of the proceeds being donated to ARPH Ontario.

-- Lisa P.

No comments: