Portfolio Video Slideshow - Play in 720p when viewing in full screen. **UPDATED JANUARY 2013

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sunday, May 10, 2009

MY COMMUNITY: Procyon Wildlife - Another Visit

I've had the opportunity to visit Procyon Wildlife a couple of times in the past couple of weeks. The purpose of these visits has typically been to take photographs of the animals, however today I needed to take photographs of the Board members for use on the new Procyon web site.

Of course, since I was there and was told that a new animal had been brought in, I couldn't resist trying to catch a glimpse of it. I think this is the first time Procyon Wildlife has been brought a weasel.

The Weasel



It's difficult, sometimes, to get really good photos of these animals as I don't want to disturb them too much. This is an example of one of those not so great photos, but I couldn't resist posting it. This little weasel was about 3-4 inches in length and its eyes weren't even open yet. So cute. I think it has sharp little teeth already though!

Most of the animals being cared for at Procyon are raccoons like this little fella.
Baby Raccoon



There is always a hub of activity at Procyon whenever I've gone to visit. It's amazing the amount of work involved to take care of all of the animals there.

I've been able to take quite a few photographs that we will hopefully be able to use on the web site and in various marketing materials. I just need to get some time to go through and process them all!

-- Lisa P.

No comments: