Portfolio Video Slideshow - Play in 720p when viewing in full screen. **UPDATED JANUARY 2013

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

WEEKLY POLL #3: What make of camera do you use??

Hi everyone,

Thanks for voting in the last fun poll. This week I'm interested in what make/manufacturer of cameras you are using. I use Nikon. When I bought my first DSLR camera a few years ago, I didn't really have a preference. I just wanted something that was good quality and that I could grow with for 2-3 years. I did look at a few different manufacturers and had it narrowed down to Nikon or Canon. The guys at my local Henry's answered the questions I had, made some suggestions based on what I said I wanted to use the camera for and I ended up chosing Nikon.

I didn't really understand it at the time I bought it, but I really like the Creative Lighting System that Nikon has which allows me to use off camera flashes triggered with the infra-red sensor.

I'm not well versed in all of the 'official' technical terms, so my explanation above might be a bit 'off', but I know how to make use of the functionality and I do LOVE it. Because I do on location sessions, it's been really handy because it's much more portable than my portable studio strobes. :)

If you have a particular reason why you are using the make of camera you use, let me know in a comment to this post.

I look forward to hearing from you. :)

EDIT TO ADD POLL RESULTS:

Nikon 1 (14%)
Canon 5 (71%)
Sony 0 (0%)
Olympus 1 (14%)
Panasonic 0 (0%)
Kodak 0 (0%)
Fuji 0 (0%)
Pentax 0 (0%)
Other 0 (0%)

-- Lisa P.

No comments: